Video creation has gotten so easy that just about anyone can do it. You no longer need professionals. You do not even need the video editing software with the long learning curve and high price tag. All you need is an app and your imagination.
There are many reasons to create a video:
- Web pages that include video rank higher than those that do not have video.
- People love to watch video; it is more interesting than text.
- Video is often the best way to educate people.
- Your message comes more alive when you include more senses: sight and sound
The first step is to figure out what you want to say. Here are a number of video topic ideas for your business:
- A customer service tip
- Your company mission, vision, and values
- Your company’s origin story
- Why you’re in business
- A product, event, or service promotion
- A sale
- An employee spotlight
- A customer spotlight
- A how-to
- A deadline reminder
- A new product or service announcement
The next element you need is a rough script of what you want the video to say, as well as graphics you can use to illustrate your points.
The final component you need is a video creation app. Animoto is a great example of an easy-to-use video creation app. Just open your browser and go to https://animoto.com/. There are free and paid plans to choose from.
With most video creation apps, you have hundreds of templates that can get your started fast. Simply, choose the template that is closest to the type of message you want to start with. You can easily replace your text, graphics, and sound with your own items, or ones that the software provides.
Other options besides Animoto include Adobe Spark, Magisto, Splice, Lightworks and Wondershare FilmoraGo.
Do not be afraid to try your hand at video creation. It is an easy way to impress your customers and to get more clicks on your social media marketing efforts.
Your favorite Orange County bookkeepers want to hear from you! What accounting topic would you like to see Team One Accounting cover in the future?