The start of a new year creates the perfect time to revisit old business strategies from last year so you can maximize your revenue for 2020. If your financial numbers were fantastic this year, that’s great! Keep the strategies that worked for you and cut the ones that didn’t.
Whether your numbers were amazing, not so great, or you’re simply interested in how to increase your revenue. Here are 10 ways you can boost your revenue next year:
- Revisit your current prices and make adjustments as necessary. Many people will tell you that increasing your prices will increase your profits, but that’s not necessarily true. Increasing your prices by a small amount might increase your profits without turning away existing customers, but make sure you research your competitors’ prices and adjust based on what makes sense in your market.
- Bundle your products or services together. Make your products or services more attractive by bundling them together and pricing them at a better deal than purchasing the services or products separately. Customers that only want one particular product or service should still be able to purchase the product or service à la carte, but offering different packages of increasing value makes it much easier to up-sell to clients and increase your business revenue.
- Offer a free gift with purchase. Tacking on a complimentary or free service to your products or services could be the small push needed to close sales. Even better, you could add a complimentary or free service to your highest-quality bundle. As an example, the cosmetics industry has been doing this for decades.
- Start a new product or service line. If you’re limited to just a few products or services, it’s time to expand. If you mow lawns, offer a leaf collection or snow removal service. If you sell shoes, add socks. If you manage a restaurant, consider offering alcohol. Expanding the scope of what you’re selling will provide you with additional revenue.
- Expand your geographical reach. If you’re still only offering services and products locally, consider expanding your reach, especially because the internet is so readily available nowadays. Think about which services you can offer virtually; some may require you to invest in cloud-based delivery systems. If you only sell products at a physical location, ecommerce is a huge industry and you could definitely increase revenue by having a storefront online.
- Learn to say “no” to bad clients. This may seem counterintuitive, but learning to turn away bad clients is really important. When clients are ungrateful, unreasonable and just take up too many of your resources, you have to realize that they are unprofitable. By turning them away, you can devote more of your attention to building relationships with your best customers and creating new, profitable opportunities.
- Make your online presence known. Everyone uses search engines and social media to find the right business to serve their needs, so make sure you can be found online. Create a website for your business and make sure you have business pages on social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You’ll have to develop some marketing strategies and optimize your site to rank high, but, when done right, these channels can drastically impact the amount of revenue you get. Team One Accounting is all over social media. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn , On Twitter @Team1Accounting , and on Instagram @patty_yourbookkeeper
- Manage your online reputation. When you have many good reviews, your credibility goes up and your business is more appealing to potential clients and customers. If your clients leave you an amazing testimonial, it’s a good idea to ask them to post it online as well—especially on Yelp, your Facebook Business Page, and Google Reviews. On the other hand, negative reviews will look bad to potential clients and can negatively impact your revenue, so make sure you respond appropriately to the review and show potential clients that you care about getting things right. Team One Accounting encourages favorable reviews. If you have enjoyed your relationship with us, leave us a review on Yelp, ProAdvisor, or our website: Teamoneaccounting.com
- Encourage customers and clients to sign up for a continuity program. Do you have loyal customers? Reward them by offering a membership or continuity program with VIP benefits. Retail, restaurants, and service businesses can set up privileges like faster service, discounted prices, and frequent purchase rewards that many consumers will pay a small monthly fee for.
- Encourage customer referrals by building and nurturing customer relationships. Connect with clients and build strong relationships through effective communication, providing exceptional service, getting feedback, addressing concerns, and showing appreciation. Doing so can increase repeat customers, customer referrals and your business revenue.
If you’re looking to boost your business revenue this year, give these strategies a try. If you need any help, reach out to your favorite Orange County Bookkeepers at Team One Accounting!